Here's a look at the events, challenges and prizes you can expect during Wellness Week 2019, by the number:
You saw the numbers, but here they are again:
$900 In Prizes
29 Prize Drawings
3 Lunch & Learns
3 Week-Long Challenge
2 Days of Biometric Screenings
1 Off-Site Event (yoga)
1 Company-Wide Walk
Wanna Know More?
Click on a challenge or event you’re interested in to learn more, including details about the topic and prize drawings at each event:
Sitting all day is terrible for us, so find some friends, get up and get moving! Here's how it works
- Form a team of 3, select a captain, and come up with a team name.
- Team captain will submit your team and team name to Tom Roesler, who will make a shared document where team captains can record team steps each day.
- Prizes include a team lunch for 1st place, team snacks for 2nd place and team drinks for 3rd place.
Drinking water is the best and cheapest way to improve your health, lose weight and just feel better. So, let's get after it with a little hydration challenge. Here's how it works:
- Print off our downloadable chart and put it where you will see it the most: on your fridge, in your car or maybe at your desk.
- Cross off one water glass for each 8 oz. of water you drink. Can you count soda, juice or milk? Uh, negative.
- Turn your sheets into Tom Roesler at the end of the week. Anyone who completes the challenge receives a Thrive water bottle and will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card to nearby watering hole Pool House Kitchen & Bar.
Can you count green tea or coffee? In theory, one or two cups a day would be acceptable, but consider the whole point of this challenge: to drink more water! If you struggle with the taste of plain water, then turn your lemons into lemon water!
Gratitude may be one of the most overlooked tools that we all have access to every day. Cultivating gratitude doesn’t cost any money and it certainly doesn’t take much time, but the benefits are enormous, including emotional strength, physical health and even better sleep! Take this challenge and use this week as a launch pad to feeling better! Here's how it works.
- Download our printable gratitude journal and keep it close to where you can take a moment to reflect each day (on your desk, nightstand, or kitchen table, perhaps.)
- Write down one thing for which you are grateful every day.
- Turn your sheets into Tom Roesler at the end of the week. Anyone who completes the challenge receives a Thrive t-shirt and will be entered into a drawing for a one-hour massage.
When: Noon - 1:00 p.m., Monday, April 8
Where: Board Room
What: The gut-brain connection is no joke. It can link anxiety to stomach problems and vice versa, not to mention a variety of other physical and even neurodegenerative disorders, like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease. Area Function Medicine doctor and Thrive partner, Dr. Brett Baxter, will be on hand to help us learn more about the full impact our diet has on our bodies. Plus, we'll be drawing for a $100 gift card that can be used toward Dr. Baxter's services! Click here to RSVP.
When: 7:00 - 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 9
What: If you signed up for the on-site biometric screenings here in Manhattan, be sure to enter your name for the prize drawings. We have 10 give-aways we'll be drawing for on Tuesday!
When: 7:00 - 9:00 a.m., Wednesday, April 10
What: If you signed up for the on-site biometric screenings here in Manhattan, be sure to enter your name for the prize drawings. We have 5 give-aways we'll be drawing for on Wednesday!
When: Noon - 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 10
Where: Board Room
What: Join area financial advisor Joel Phipps for his presentation "Rules of the Road: 10 Priorities for Sound Investing - How to ID and Avoid the Most Common Investing Mistakes." Plus, we'll be drawing for a $100 bill that can be used as investing seed money! Click here to RSVP.
When: Noon - 1:00 p.m., Thursday, April 11
Where: Board Room
What: Our lives are busy and full of stress. That stress keeps us from being our best (and most productive) selves. That’s why I’m excited to have Lindsey Volz join us for our next Lunch & Learn. Lindsey is a wellness motivator and the owner of Beyond the Desk and she’s going to help us learn about the way stress impacts us and give us some practical techniques to quiet our minds so we can be free to think, feel and do more. Plus, we'll be drawing for a free session w/ Lindsey ($65 value)! Click here to RSVP.
When: 5:30-6:30 p.m., Thursday, April 11
Where: Orange Sky Yoga, 1207 Moro St. in Aggieville
What: Decompress after work with a little stretch and chill. We'll meet for a 45-minute session and then relax with friends and a cold brew afterwards. You'll head home feeling like a million bucks! Plus, attendees will be entered into a drawing for a free 1-month membership to Orange Sky! Click here to RSVP.
When: Noon - 1:00 p.m., Friday, April 12
Where: Meet outside the west entrance. We'll depart at 12:05 p.m.
What: Get outside. Stretch your legs. Visit with friends. You can do all of that while walking to City Park (about 1 mile) as a group. We'll also have a grab-and-go lunch ready so you can refuel and be ready for an afternoon of great work. Plus, we'll be doing prize drawings for participants too, so bring your sneakers and join the fun! Click here to RSVP.
If you interested in any (or all) of these events, click on the event or challenge you’re interested in above to find the RSVP link.